These lettuce wraps make the best lunch or snack.
They are healthy, low-FODMAP and easy to make. Check, check, and check! They are also a great way to use any leftover chicken you have from dinner the night before. I probably make these at least once a week. Protein for lunch without adding carbs? Sign me up.
Chicken Salad Lettuce Wraps
– 1 8-6oz chicken breast grilled and diced; or about 1 cup leftover chicken, diced
– 1 tbs mayo (I actually don’t love the taste of regular mayo, so I use Just Mayo, which I think is a delicious alternative. It also happens to be vegan.)
– 1 tsp lemon juice
– 2 tsp Dijon mustard
– 1 tsp dill (fresh or dry is fine)
– Pinch of salt and pepper
– Dash of cayenne pepper (leave out if you don’t like spice)
– Bibb lettuce
1. In a small bowl, mix together the chicken, mayo, lemon juice, mustard, dill, salt, pepper, and cayenne until well combined. If you like your chicken salad a little more on the mayo side, or perhaps a bit spicier, amp up any of the ingredients. You can’t really go wrong here.
2. Pick your Bibb lettuce leaves and lay them on to a plate. Depending on the size of your leaves, you might be able to use one big leaf, or you might have to lay two smaller leaves on top of one another (pictured above) to make the right sized lettuce cups.
3. Divide your chicken salad between your lettuce cups. Fold over each end of the lettuce to make a wrap, and enjoy!