Margaritas are one of my favorite cocktails.
For as long as I can remember, my dad has made amazing margaritas. It’s tricky to find one that is simple and well-made. Too often they are sugar-laden or just made with a bunch of margarita mix and tequila. This version errs on the lime-y side. It’s not too sweet and has the perfect balance of lime and tequila. These hand-crafted margaritas are well worth taking the time to make. This cocktail is the perfect match to steak taco salad and/or tomatillo Serrano salsa with corn chips.
The perfect Margarita
Recipe for 1 margarita
– 3oz tequila
– 2 limes, juiced
– 1 additional lime, sliced
– 1/2 orange, juiced
– Splash of Grand Marnier
– 1.5oz margarita mix (I like this simple one from Trader Joe’s)
– Margarita rim salt
1. Fill your desired glass with ice (about 3-4 large cubes)
2. Pour tequila over ice, and then add lime juice, orange juice, Grand Marnier, and margarita mix.
3. Pour into cocktail shaker and shake to combine.
4. If you like salt on your margarita, use a sliced lime to wet the rim of your glass, and then dip your glass into margarita rim salt.
5. Pour the shaken margarita back into your glass. Top with two squeezed lime wedges and enjoy!